Neatline Physiotherapy specialises in Paediatric Therapy Services, targeted specifically to cater for your child's needs. Therapists regularly attend professional development courses and training to ensure they are up to date with the latest treatment / research in the management of specific conditions.
Paediatric Specialist treatment areas include:
- Coordination and Gross Motor Development issues
- Gross Motor Delay in Infants and toddlers
- Hypermobility and Connective Tissue disorders (including Benign Joint Hypermobility and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome)
- Gait abnormalities (including Idiopathic Toe-Walking, In-toeing and Out-toeing)
- Movement disorders (including Dyspraxia and Developmental Coordination Disorder)
- Packaging disorders (CTEV, DDH, plagiocephaly and infant torticollis)
- Persistent and Chronic Pain (including Chronic Regional Pain Syndromes)
- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis
- Growth Related Pain
- Chronic Fatigue
- General Paediatric Orthopaedics including post-surgical rehabilitation for limb lengthening and derotational osteotomies
- Fitness and weight management for children with an Autism Spectrum Disorder or Intellectual Disability
Therapists are able to work collaboratively with everyone involved in your children's care from siblings and grandparents to school teachers and local sporting clubs.
In these appointments, Kate will come out to your house to meet you and your child. Home visits ensure that your child feels comfortable in their familiar environment. Not only do you not have to worry about leaving the house, it also means that you can relax knowing you don’t have to entertain the kids whilst in the waiting room.
These appointments are best suited to younger children who mainly play in their home environment or children who are generally shy and take a bit of time to warm up to strangers. Home visits also ensure that your child works with what is available within your home and their own toys during therapy time. This means that tricks of the trade learnt during therapy time can continue outside of therapy hours, giving your child increased opportunity for practice and continued development.
Home visits will usually take an hour; the number and frequency of home visits required will vary depending on the child, family, complexity of issues and goals for your child.
If your child is having problems at school, then school is where it needs be addressed! Kate is happy to coordinate appointments so your child can be assessed in their natural learning environment or, if they are having particular issues with their gross motor activities, during their sports lessons. Paediatric therapists are frequently asked about issues during school so providing your child's teacher is amenable, Kate is happy to assist them in order to address your child's needs.
School visits are generally the duration of a school session, 45-60 minutes. Additional resources are able to be provided to the classroom teacher as required as well.
Phone / email consultationsIf you're not sure if Paediatric Physiotherapy is what you need or would be able to help, feel free to contact Kate to get further guidance. Some issues require medical clearance so at times a quick phone call can point you in the right direction first.
If you would like a quote for your query, please email us via the 'contact us' page.